Interlaken, Inc. is a growing, Certified WBE/DBE Site and Utility Excavation firm seeking a Construction Estimator/Project Manager with commercial, residential and municipal estimating experience. Our office is located in West Gresham with projects throughout the greater Portland/Metro area. Projects range from 100k – 1M.
We are looking for an experienced individual with a positive attitude and excellent organizational skills. Someone that values a team effort, who is a self-starter and is willing to go above and beyond to help a small business grow.
- Experience in estimating and management of heavy/civil construction projects including excavation, grading, underground utilities, and road construction. Project experience must include a diverse range of projects including private, municipal, federal and state DOT projects and projects completed both as prime and subcontractor.
- Excellent computer proficiency including MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Etc.)
- Experience with QuickBooks Accounting Software.
- Thorough knowledge of construction field operations, financial management and general business management. Proven organizational, decision making, and supervisory skills.
- BA/BS Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience required.
- Candidates must be well spoken, calm under pressure and possess the ability to lead the team from start to finish. Must have strong communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Read and fully understand project drawings and specification for all trades; Civil, Architectural, Structural, with a focus on Site Work and Excavation.
- Must be able to produce accurate quantity take-off and prepare budget estimates.
- Proficient in writing detailed scopes of work and soliciting multiple quotes per trade from different subcontractors and suppliers, ensuring their quotes include entire scope of work, and successfully analyze quotations.
- Maintain productive communication with vendors.
- Identify and track changes to drawings through addendum’s and revisions, including follow through with subcontractors.
- Must be able to attend job site walk through and coordinate with client representatives, architects, engineers, construction managers and consultants to establish project requirements, budgets, specifications and schedules.
- Conduct weekly project meetings and manage site foremen.
- Maintain job schedules and prepare cost reports for actual versus estimated.
*Email Resume to email@example.com
*Compensation based upon experience
*Principals only. Recruiters please don’t contact this job poster.
*Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers