At Interlaken, our mission is to be the premier WBE excavation contractor in the Portland area by providing quality excavation services to our clients keeping in mind budget, schedule and safety. Our goal is to develop and maintain long term mutually beneficial relationships with Interlaken clients and employees, fostering an atmosphere where clients and coworkers become friends and family.
Interlaken, Inc. was founded in 2004 by Kendall Miller. Interlaken is a Commercial and Municipal excavation company located in Gresham, Oregon and provides its services throughout the Portland Metropolitan area. We specialize in underground utility construction, but also offer a wide range of excavation services.
Interlaken, Inc. is certified through the State of Oregon’s Office of Minority, Women and Emerging Small business as a Women Business Enterprise, certification #4005. In addition, Interlaken, Inc. is prequalified and fully licensed to do business in multiple municipalities in the area including the City of Portland, license #672924. Oregon CCB #160018.
Kendall grew up in the Northwest and attended Oregon State University. Kendall began working summers for her father’s excavation business at the age of 17 and has developed a deep knowledge and understanding of running a successful enterprise. Upon graduation from OSU she began working full time for her father and seized an opportunity to start her own firm in 2004.
In 2015 Andy Coate joined the Interlaken team adding valuable Project Management & Estimating Experience. Andy is also a graduate of Oregon State University and has led a successful career on large scale Public Infrastructure projects. His added knowledge and expertise will help guide the strategic growth plan for the company.
Interlaken Inc. is currently participating in the Port of Portland’s Mentor Protégé Program.
Northwest Utility Contractors Association A nonprofit trade association that represents Oregon and SW Washington. NWUCA’s mission is to preserve the identity and common interests of the utility contracting industry.
- Contractor Board Member, Secretary/Treasurer & Workforce Development Chair – Kendall Miller
- Public Works Portland Bureau of Environmental Services Committee Member- Kendall Miller
- NWUCA VIDEO
Northwest College of Construction
- Registered Training Agent for Heavy Equipment Operators and Laborers Apprenticeship Program
- Heavy Equipment Operator Apprenticeship Committee Member – Kendall Miller
- Board Member: Kendall Miller
Sunrise Water Authority Zone 4
- Board Member Vice Chair – Andy Coate
- Northwest Utility Contractor of the Year 2019 – Kendall Miller
- Daily Journal of Commerce Woman of Vision 2022 – Kendall Miller
Call for a Quote Today!